Biohacking for Today
Humans are wired to push the limits in everything we do. We desire more knowledge, seek paths to greater creativity, and look for ways to improve upon our physical abilities. Biohacking is simply the methods we use to be better than we were yesterday; it covers anything from an old-school jogging regimen to implanting an RFID chip under your skin that opens doors. Here are some DIY biohacks you can try at home today.
Thousands of Swedes are getting microchip IDs inserted into their hand
Thousands of Swedes have been implanted with a microchip that allows them to replace cash, tickets and access card with a chip the size of a grain of rice.
If you’ve used coffee to get you through the day, bulletproof coffee is the next step in the evolution of pick-me-ups. Here is the recipe, adapted from the Bulletproof Coffee Blog:
- 2 ½ heaping tablespoons ground coffee beans
- 1 teaspoon – 2 tablespoons “Brain Octane Oil” (100% pure coconut oil, cleaned with activated charcoal and refined using only heat, water, and pressure)
- 1-2 tablespoons grass-fed, unsalted butter or 1-2 teaspoons of grass-fed ghee.
- Make your coffee. Brew 1 cup (8-12 ounces) of coffee using filtered water with 2 ½ heaping tablespoons of freshly ground coffee beans. Use a French Press for ease of use and to preserve beneficial coffee oils that paper filters keep out.
- Add Brain Octane Oil. Add 1 teaspoon to 2 tablespoons of Brain Octane Oil (start slow with this stuff – it’s powerful!)
- Add grass-fed butter or ghee. Add 1-2 tablespoons of grass-fed, unsalted butter or grass-fed ghee. Make sure your butter is unsalted. Salty coffee is gross.
- Blend. Mix it all in a blender for 20-30 seconds until it looks like a creamy latte. There will be a good amount of foam on top.
Looking to rebuild your body? The damage that's already been done to your aching joints can now be reversed. In March, the International Olympic Committee officially approved the use of collagen as a supplement that assists in restoring ligaments and joints that have been injured. Collagen protein supplements may help reduce recovery times and heal sore muscles.
IOC consensus statement: dietary supplements and the high-performance athlete
Nutrition usually makes a small but potentially valuable contribution to successful performance in elite athletes, and dietary supplements can make a minor contribution to this nutrition programme. Nonetheless, supplement use is widespread at all levels ...
And now for the DIY biohacking breakthrough we’ve all been waiting for, better sleep! Adapting your environment, activities and diet will all promote the best sleep possible. Some things to try at home are blocking out all light, taking raw honey before bed to help regulate your blood sugar, and prioritizing sleep in your schedule.
These are just a few of the many ways we can level up our brains and bodies. The future of biohacking is infinite. Better bodies and brains can give us the energy and intellect to make a better world.
Reality Changing Observations:
Q1. What new DIY biohacks will you try today?
Q2. How does biohacking glorify God?
Q3. What are the dangers of biohacking?